Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently 26 May 2017, 15:12

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: So I want a telescope...
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015, 14:58 
The Bored Man

http://www.astro-baby.com/articles/begi ... escope.htm

Im reading this. I want a telescope - My dad too, and my siblings. But, even though Im not the Eldest, decisions like this generally end up falling to me, along with keeping this sort of stuff safe. So, Ive been reading some guides, and trying to find some people who have telescopes, But I don't know anyone.
I want to know if anyone here knows anything about it, and can drop me a few tips on what to buy and why, and How well it can help me see certain things
(I.e Refractors are apparently geared more so to see Planets, and moons, while showing stars fairly well, and Reflectors more so to Galaxies and Nebula's)

By the by, I have properly and thoroughly read the above site. I plan to get a SCT Celestron Computerized Telescope, or a Celestron Reflector, the Former being at a max of $1000, I know a couple on sale on telescopesdirect.com.au. The ones Im looking at are about 750-850 or so. For the latter, the mac being $700. Im here asking more so for a "Just In case" if someone owns a telescope, and can maybe tell me some mistakes I might make as a beginner

"You've stolen me, and I've come to take meself back" Jack Sparrow - On Stranger Tides

Post subject: Re: So I want a telescope...
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2015, 07:20 
Lv.70 Lurker

Posted on 10th Jan. It's the 31st now. Didn't see this post.
Did you buy it already? If you haven't, I'd suggest you really talk to someone who knows their stuff or something, since you're about to drop $1k on a professional tier product that likely has 10 million factors you have to control for it to work nicely. Dunno. That's what I would do.

Also, how's the pollution in Melbourne? In London we can't really do that stuff because of pollution making stars and planets obscure IIRC <----- That last abbreviation is important to note.

Post subject: Re: So I want a telescope...
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2015, 10:35 
The Bored Man

Oh, we're on the outskirts more or less (Mostly less) of the city, so Light pollutions not too high. Worst case, We we're just going to find a place. And no, I have not bought it yet. We we're going to get try and get one of the deals cause everyone was trying to get rid of their stock after Christmas and such, but its on hold cause my Dad has to buy all the equipments for School and Some University Courses, along with fees, and tuition if anyone needs it, so nothing is going to be bought for a couple of months now, plus, if we actually are going to go for Sword Fighting classes (We checked it out today) its at least $100 a month. We we're putting a lot aside last year, but it got used up by some misfortunes around the house

"You've stolen me, and I've come to take meself back" Jack Sparrow - On Stranger Tides

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]